Practice makes perfect, and that’s especially true with your golf putting stroke. The saying among pro golfers is “Drive for show, putt for dough”, meaning that while shots taken with the driver look good, it’s the putts that are going to put you in the money (or not.)
If you’re looking for a way to improve your golf game, choose a training aid that improves swing and performance on the most important stroke in the game.
Top Four Golf Training Aids
#1: PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer
This putt trainer uses parabolic curve design to simulate conditions on an actual golfing green, giving you the best practice and feedback on your putting, and really helping you improve.
The putter will outright reject a bad putt, and, with a good putt, will return the ball the same distance that its speed would have taken it past the hole if it had missed. This is fantastic in terms of feedback for the keen amateur golfer, as it helps you get your pace just right for the green, meaning that, in play, more of your shots will hit the hole.
Compact and lightweight, this putter trainer can be moved easily between the home and office, or taken on holiday, so you never have an excuse not to practice.
- Excellent, clear feedback on good vs. bad putts, and pacing
- No batteries required
- Simulates real green conditions
None that we could find
Value For Money?
Excellent value for money, whether you’re buying for yourself or as a gift for a golfing friend or family member.
- This training aid is designed to simulate the exact conditions of putting into a real hole on the green by it's ground-breaking parabolic curved design
- Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.
- Designed to return good putts and reject bad ones.
#2: Track Putt Training Matt, Edition 2
At nearly 10ft long, but just 50cm wide, this putting carpet is ideal for your living room or hallway, and gives you a full length putting experience, whilst taking up hardly any space width ways, meaning you can leave it set up and still use the room or hallway around it.
This is real carpet, rather than artificial grass, and fully marked for full feedback tracking of your shot. You can either use the Slow side of the golf training carpet, which is set for normal green speeds, such as you’d find at your local golf course, or the Fast side, which is set for tournament green speeds, giving you the flexibility to train like a pro from the very beginning of your golfing journey.
- Option of normal or tournament green speeds
- Fully marked for total training and feedback experience
- Real carpet
- Includes centre line for orientation
- For the price, an auto-return would be a nice touch
Value For Money?
This is pricey for what it is, and you will have to keep stooping to pick up your ball, but, if you’re keen on your game, or looking to give a gift the golfer in your life will really appreciate, the full functionality of this golf trainer is definitely a good buy.
- Extra-long putting carpet: 3.00 m x 50 cm - a real putting carpet, no artificial grass - center line for better orientation
- On the "Slow" (Normal green speeds) side, the distance lines are recorded 1:2 to control the pendulum motion during your backswing and swing
- 5 markings (each 50 cm) in order to determine a precisely distance - a freely positionable putting hole to increase the level of difficulty - a stopping device with velcro fastening for too long putts
#3: T-Stroke Golf Putting Aid
Designed to help improve your set up, and teach you to control the rhythm and flow of your shot, this is a simple golf training tool that can be used by golfers of all ages and experience to give a better game, and increase confidence on the green.
- Helps eliminate unnecessary wrist action
- Improves putting confidence
- A little pricey for what it is
Value For Money?
A little on the pricey side, but not as expensive as some trainers on the market. It would make a nice gift for the golfer in your life.
- Helps achieve the optimum set-up position for the putting stroke.
- Improves the rhythm & timing of the stroke upto 40%.
- By resting the alignment bar on the front of the forearms the 'shaft-plane-angle' is parallel to the forearms.
#4: Eyeline Putting Alignment Mirror
Helps you track and improve your alignment, resulting in more successful putts – poor alignment is the main reason for missed putts. Work on your alignment, and your golf game will go forward almost immediately.
With the ability to set up a gate of tees for the heel and toe of the putter, this training tool helps you balance your swing to connect perfectly with the “sweet spot” in the centre of your putter, giving you a smooth, even play time after time.
- Easy to set up and use
- Good visual feedback
- Smaller than expected
Value For Money?
A little expensive, especially considering its lack of durability
- Masters Putting Alignment Mirror Poor alignment is the major cause of missed putts
- Using the Alignment Mirror will create confidence on the green
- It measures 12" x 6" and comes with a black carry bag
Last update on 2018-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API