If you are a keen golfer then you are already aware of how useful a golf putting mat can be. One of the most significant advantages of having one is that you can practice indoors more often. A high-quality golf mat is able to improve your putting confidence on straight putts, and it will allow you to practice whenever you want to.
You can find various putting mats on the market these days, but finding a good quality one can be a challenge. Usually, a good putting mat uses high-quality turf that will provide an extended lifespan to the mat, and it will also be easy to maintain.
What to Consider Before Buying a Golf Putting Mat
- Choose a good quality model that uses synthetic turf that is similar to real grass.
- Before you choose a golf putting mat consider its size and decide where you want to place it.
- It is recommended to purchase a longer and a wider model.
- If you have limited space, stick to a 4 to 6 foot mat.
- Look for tracking features in a golf putting mat because these will help you find the right speed when the ball leaves a track, and you will determine the force efficiently.
- Consider getting a portable model because it’s extremely practical.
- Putting mats with sloped surfaces are great for practicing difficult uphill putts.
- Avoid mats that come with creases and bumps because they will interfere with your shots
Top 4 Golf Putting Mats of 2018
Track Putting Mat Edition 2
This is an extra-long putting carpet that comes with a centre line for better orientation. It measures 118 x 12 inches.
On the “slow” side of normal green speeds, the distance lines are recorded 1:2 to control the pendulum motion when you swing and backswing as well. The putting mat comes with five markings that will help you determine the distance accurately. It also includes a freely positionable putting hole that enhances the level of difficulty.
The mat also comes with a stopping device featuring a Velcro fastening system for long putts. On the “fast” side that is used for tournament green speeds, the distance lines are recorded 1:1 to control the pendulum motion when you swing and backswing.
The mat allows you to train at four different speed and it also includes an eraser rod for smoothing and cleaning visible lines left by the ball on the carpet. The best feature of this mat is the visibility of played putts. It’s effortless to handle and use.
- Extra-long putting carpet: 3.00 m x 50 cm - a real putting carpet, no artificial grass - center line for better orientation
- On the "Slow" (Normal green speeds) side, the distance lines are recorded 1:2 to control the pendulum motion during your backswing and swing
- 5 markings (each 50 cm) in order to determine a precisely distance - a freely positionable putting hole to increase the level of difficulty - a stopping device with velcro fastening for too long putts
Longridge Deluxe Putting Mat
This Deluxe Putting Mat is an excellent way for golf players to practice their putting whenever they are away from the course. The mat comes with a hole to aim for and also with a bunker and a pond hazard to catch missed shots.
It’s constructed from a high-quality synthetic material that is designed to simulate real playing conditions. The Deluxe Putting Mat also comes with a slight inclination that will provide a great stroke and feel as well. The putting cup is ¼ inches smaller than the standard size and the reason for this is to sharpen your aim.
This mat would be the ideal gift for a golfer who is looking to improve his golfing skills.
- Compact design
- Deluxe Materials
PGA Tour 6ft Putting Mat with Guide Ball
The PGA Tour Putting mat is an artificial green, 6 feet long, that will give you plenty of space to practice your golfing skills, your long and short strokes. The ramp leading to the hole is perfect for developing firmness of shots, and it also comes with a few hazards to avoid.
The bunker and water hazard will enhance your putting accuracy. The mat also comes with a guide ball to help you line up your shots. The Putter Squareness Line is ideal for keeping the putter face square through impact, and the Swing Path Reminder Line helps you promote your swing paths and improve your accuracy.
- Includes 6 ft putting mat
- Simulated green
- Target flag
Longridge Putt ‘N’ Hazard Putting Mat
The Longridge putting mat comes with a surface that simulates the natural feel of grass . The mat includes bunker and water hazards for your missed shots.
It also comes with a ball return slope, and it is made with high-quality materials that will provide it an extended lifespan. The size of the mat is 78 x 13 inches.
- Synthetic surface simulates natural grass feel
- Includes bunker and water hazards for missed shots
- Deluxe materials
My top recommendation for the best putting mat of 2017 is the Track Putting Mat Edition 2 because it’s a high quality putting mat packed with great features to improve your golfing skills and it allows you to increase the difficulty of your training sessions to enhance your game.
Last update on 2018-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API